Monday, April 16, 2007

Fabulous, Wine-soaked Sunday

We watched the nieces three times in the past few weeks, and in the spirit of quid pro quo, DH's sister offered to take our brood off our hands on Sunday. DH and I spent the afternoon eating our way through wine country. We washed everything down with spirits of every color and felt the years and stress fall away.

It was getting dark so we headed back to SIL's house to pick up the brood. "We haven't eaten yet," SIL said. "Why don't you go back out again for awhile and come back when we're done?"

So, we toddled off on foot to a nearby restaurant, where we had coffee and our second(!) dessert of the evening.

This is a step back in my quest to lose the rest of the baby weight I'm still carrying around. But right now I'm still feeling extremely satisfied. It was worth the extra miles I'm going to have to walk to get the calories off!

No comments: